The Richmond Orchestra and Chorus (ROCA) is a unique association that includes both a fine amateur community Orchestra and Chorus under the direction of professional conductors. Besides maintaining a regular rehearsal and concert schedule, we are deeply committed to being leaders in music education through outreach in schools and providing performance opportunities to young artists in the community. This year ROCA celebrates its 30th anniversary.
The administrator is accountable to the Board of Directors of ROCA. This half time, contract paid position ensures our administrative resources are organized and directed toward marketing, fundraising, and concert production goals that are consistent with the mission and philosophy of ROCA.
- operate the ROCA office, performing all regular office duties
- under the direction of the Treasurer, administer the Association's finances
- maintain the Association's membership, records and other databases
- prepare for and attend Board meetings, the AGM, and other meetings as required
- prepare physical and online internal and external communications
- oversee concert preparation and coordinate volunteers
- coordinate rehearsal and performance space as needed
- liaise with other arts and community organizations and media
- excellent computer, communication, bookkeeping and office skills
- ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others
- ability to organize and work independently
- ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule
- a love of music and the work of the organization
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter in PDF form outlining how they meet the requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contract remuneration is based on qualification. This position will remain open until a pool of suitable applicants is formed.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.