Big bravos to everyone for some really magnificent singing on Sunday afternoon – lots of good feedback afterwards, and a number of people who were obviously really moved. There were a few shivers-down-the-back moments – and thank you for making an effort to come out of your copies more!
No rest for the wicked – or even for the virtuous… We have 6 weeks to get the Christmas concert together, and we need to do some carolling reminders with the red folders.
Before tonight’s rehearsal, please get out your copy of Hope For Resolution and mark
· From bar 10 will be done by Richmond Singers
· From bar 30 (A) will be upper voices 3-way split
· From bar 70 (B) will be lower voices 3-way split
· From bar 91 (C) will be all
· From bar 126 (E) will be ROCA on the SATB and Singers on the melody
· From bar 145 (F) 2nd sops and 1st altos on the melody, rest of ROCA on SATB; some of Singers will do the optional semichorus
The plainsong melody goes low for upper voices and high for lower ones. Sing what you can, and fake the extremes!
High voices split
1. Laura, Adele, Kathy H, Pat, Ruth, Mary, Elizabeth, Bernadette, Nancy, Cathy B, Genny
2. Anna, Alison, Julia, Amy, Doris, KarenT, Kate, Heather, Christy, Lavonne, Helen, Nina
3. Capary, Esther, Roxanne, Soyoung, Kyra, Jennifer, Glenda, KarenL, Barb, Pat, Letty
Low voices split
1. Elizabeth, Bernadette, Nancy, Cathy B, Genny, Roger, Chris, Bob, Bill, Rick
2. Kate, Heather, Christy, Lavonne, Helen, Nina, Don, Doug, Charles, Gordon, Peter
3. Jennifer, Glenda, KarenL, Barb, Pat, Letty, Jorge, Barry, Graeme, Bernie, Eden, Brian, Victor
Night of Silence will be
v.1 – Natasha Neufeld solo
v.2 – Richmond Singers
v.3 – ROCA does Silent Night (improve harmony) under RS melody
I’d like to get our carolling gigs set up a.s.a.p, so let me know if you hear of anywhere that wants us.
See you tonight!